Security Program Assessment Services
Most organizations already have a centralized or decentralized information security organization function in place to oversee the security implementation of processes and controls. However, many organizations also lack formal objectives, charter and directives to mitigate risk, implement adequate security and meet the needs of the business all at the same time. In practicality, too often, most information security organizations implement security in a 'reactive' mode to mitigate security vulnerabilities as they arise. As a result, most organizations find themselves putting out fires' as a pose to holistically addressing improving overall security posture while reducing legal risk to the organization.
How We Can Help?
We can help organizations enhance their Information Security Organization with the development of a formal charter, objectives, clarification of roles & responsibilities and a communication plan for effective integration with the business. We have deep experience with defining roles & responsibilities using the RACI model for comprehensive analysis and alignment of resources. In addition, we conducted numerous enterprise risk assessment and retain the knowledge and visibility with assessing and implementing global information security organizations and programs.
Specifically, we can help you effectively address your information security program with the following:
- Enterprise Risk Assessments -We help organizations assess whether their current security implementations and controls are aligned with best practice and help you identify the residual risk posed to your organization. In addition, our assessments are geared to help you quickly identify high-risk areas for exposure that may significantly impact your organization. Our typical assessments consist of analyzing your current state security posture against a future state program, that uncover gaps and root causes for deficiencies across your enterprise. Our assessments can be tailored to your business objectives. They can be conducted using a capability maturity model or with industry best practices such as ISO, ISF, Octave, NIST etc.
- Security Program Assessments - We help organizations assess whether their existing Information Security Program is aligned with business objectives, focused on the right initiatives, have global inclusion and reach, have the necessary regulatory and privacy requirements identified, have the necessary roles & responsibilities defined, and continuous communication with all business units and key stakeholders. In this regard, we have developed a knowledge-base and in-depth understanding of security programs and processes based upon our work experience with some Fortune 100 global clients. And as part of our assessments, we can leverage this knowledge-base to align your Program against your peers and industry best practices for Program execution.
- Security Program Development - We can help you enhance existing or develop a new Information Security Program that consists of a charter which defines the mission, scope, roles & responsibilities, regulatory and privacy requirements applicability, framework, and communication plan for the Program. Our consultants have years of experience with developing global information security programs and c charters to help set the tone from the top appropriately. We can help our clients enhance their Programs by facilitating security program development sessions or workshops leveraging the Scan, Focus, ACT methodology to focus on identifying business requirements, technical requirements, business use-cases, regulatory and privacy requirements, clarification of roles & responsibilities, and initiatives prioritization to ensure the development of a successful Program.
- Security Strategy - Similar to security program development we can help organizations design and develop a strategic security strategy aligned with business objectives and commensurate with your risk management program, and considerations for international regulatory and privacy requirements. In addition, we can help our clients enhance their current strategy by facilitating sessions or workshops leveraging the Scan, Focus, ACT methodology to focus on prioritizing responsibilities, areas of focus, and initiatives, so that budgets can be spent strategically, and resources can be allocated appropriately with quantifiable Return On Investment.
- Security Benchmarking - We help organizations assess whether their existing Information Security Program and implementation are commensurate or ahead of their peers. We do this successfully leveraging our extensive knowledge-base and experiences at some Fortune 100 companies. Our benchmarking assessments are intended to address the coverage, sufficiency, consistency and maturity of implemented security processes and controls across the enterprise. Our assessments can give your organization quick visibility into gaps and establish common themes for aligning your information security program according to industry expectations.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more regarding our information protection services.